We would like to remind everyone to be safe this holiday season. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe.
- Do not overload your electrical outlets.
- Be careful with extension cords and don’t pinch them or crush them under things.
- Keep lit candles a safe distance from decorations and do not leave them burning when you’re not around.
- Pay attention to whether your light strings are for indoor use, outdoor use, or both and use them appropriately.
- Use clips, not nails, to hold your lights so you avoid damage to cords from accidental nail punctures.
- Don’t forget to be safe in the kitchen when preparing your holiday meals. Don’t leave food unattended on the stove.
- If you have a real tree, make sure you keep it watered.
NFPA quick facts:
- Two of every five home decoration fires are started by candles.
- Nearly half of holiday decoration fires happen because decorations are placed too close to a heat source.
To see more fire safety information from the NFPA, click the graphic below.
You’re invited to an Applebee’s® Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast to support Hancock & Jefferson Fire Companies.
$8.00 per person
Children (under 6) – $5.00
WHEN: Saturday, November 23, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
WHERE: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar
2700 DeKalb Pike
Norristown, PA 19401
Tickets may be purchased in advance (see contacts below) or at the door the morning of the event.
We will also be accepting new, unwrapped toys during the breakfast for the fire company holiday toy drive.
|For More Information:
Mary Alice Law, Hancock Fire Co – 610-272-1090
Joe Coogan, Jefferson Fire Co – 610-539-3990
Valid only at participating restaurant listed above. Ticket valid for pancake event only.
Applebee’s menu items are not included as part of purchase.